Welcome to RC Rustic Creations: Crafty, Creative & Back at It!

 

Welcome to RC Rustic Creations: Crafty, Creative & Back at It!

Hi, I’m Carol, and I’m so glad you’re here!

Let me take you back to where all of this started.

My husband and I began creating together back in 1999. At the time, RC Rustic Creations didn’t even have a name—we were simply two people who loved making things.

And when I say we were crafty, I mean we were in it deep. 😂

We built clocks. We built shelves. My husband even rebuilt my kitchen. We spent years creating, building, painting, figuring things out, and probably making a few messes along the way. It wasn’t necessarily a business back then. It was simply something we loved to do together.

And honestly? Those are some pretty special memories.

This is one of the rockers he crafted!

        

 

Fast Forward to Today

My husband passed away a few years ago, but the creativity we shared didn’t disappear with him.

I’m carrying on RC Rustic Creations, with a few little tweaks along the way.

I recently jumped back into my Etsy shop, and this time I’m starting with rustic digital printables. Eventually, I’ll be adding physical handmade products too, but for now, we’re starting with digital downloads and seeing where this adventure takes us.



 

And if you know me at all, you know I’m not going to be able to just sit around and make pretty printables. 😉

There are going to be crafts!

A Little Bit of Everything

Here on the RC Rustic Creations blog, we’re going to have all kinds of crafty fun.

Some projects might be small and simple.

Some might be bigger projects that require a little more time, wood, nails, and possibly a few choice words when something doesn’t line up quite right. 😂

We’ll talk about things like:

  • Choosing the right wood for your project

  • What tools and supplies you might need

  • When to nail, glue, cut, paint, or put something together

  • Simple crafts you can make at home

  • Bigger DIY projects

  • Rustic decorating ideas

  • New printable designs

  • New physical products as they make their way into my Etsy shop

  • Tips and tricks I learn along the way

Basically, if it involves creating something with your own two hands, there’s a pretty good chance we’re going to talk about it.

I’m Back, Baby!

I actually tried not creating for about a year.

Yeah…that didn’t work out very well. 😂

Turns out, I really do love to create.

So, I’m back, baby!

And this time, I want to bring you along for the ride.

I don’t want RC Rustic Creations to be just another place where you come to see what I’m selling. Yes, I’ll share my Etsy printables and eventually my handmade products, but this isn’t going to be all sales, all the time.

We’re going to have some crafty fun around here.

I want to inspire you to pull out that piece of wood you’ve been saving, grab some paint, find something you can repurpose, print out a design, or just make something because it makes you happy.

Because sometimes you don’t need a reason to create.

Sometimes you just need a little inspiration.

Come Create With Me

I’ll be adding new posts a couple of times a week, so there will always be something new to discover.

Whether you’re an experienced DIYer, a weekend crafter, or someone who looks at a piece of wood and thinks, “I wonder what I could make out of that?”—you’re welcome here.

I’m here to share what I know, what I’m learning, what I’m making, and probably a few things that go completely sideways along the way.

Because that’s crafting.

Create something beautiful. Make a little mess. Have some fun.

So, hop on board and join me.

Let’s see what we can create together. ❤️

— Carol
RC Rustic Creations

Comments